Using induction heating for bonding accelerates the bond's polymerization by using induction to heat the sections together at temperatures that typically reach 150 to 300°C.
The temperature and duration of heating determines the strength of the bond created. This process is now widely used to manufacture automotive body parts (doors, hoods, tailgates, etc.). Induction can also be used to make metal-polyester bonds.
This technique offers a number of advantages:
• No markings on the part (thereby no visible defects after painting), no need to polish
• Better precision on the surface treated
• Quick startup
• Eliminates corrosion problems caused by welding points
• A 2-in-1 solution that offers two different functions: bonding (gluing) and waterproof seals.
Fives has developed a wide range of startup techniques for the bond polymerization process:
• Complete heating of the bonding area using an inductor that matches the part's profile
• Heating by a separated sections for heating by points where the zones to be polymerized are heated up with small flat magnetic circuit inductors
• Indirect heating by heating up attached ferrite particles.
Solutions developed by Fives are now installed in major automotive plants
⇒ For recruitment-related matters (application, etc.), please do not use this form. Make your requests on this page.
In order to address your request, we need to collect the information listed in the form below
Information on data processing
As a data processor, FIVES implements personal data processing when managing your contact request. The data collected are required for this processing and are retained, unless you object, for a period of 6 months from the last contact between you and FIVES. If the information is incomplete, FIVES will not be able to respond to your contact.
The data collected are exclusively for the use of FIVES departments.
Pursuant to current legislation, you have the right to request access to data concerning you, their correction, deletion and portability, as well as a right of limitation over processing of your data.
These rights can be exercised by email to DPO@fivesgroup.com or by post to the Data Protection Officer at the following address: FIVES, 3 Rue Drouot, 75009 Paris, accompanied by a copy of an identity document.
In case of a dispute involving processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the French Data Protection Agency (CNIL).
To find out more about our personal data protection policy click here